Q) How often should we clean our roof?
Q) When is the best time of year to have my roof cleaned?
- Roof Cleaning and Gutter Cleaning should be done once every one to two years depending on the amount of trees/vegetation on or near your property. Sections of the roof and gutter near or under overhanging trees and vegetation should be cleaned at least two to three times a year as dead leaves and other debris may collect on the roof, in the valleys and in your gutters resulting in clogged downspouts.
- Have your roof cleaned in the spring, summer or fall when the roof is dry. This ensures a better cleaning because you will be able to remove all of the debris off your roof. When cleaning in wet weather or in the winter it is often tough to get the roof completely clean because the debris is wet and sticks to the roof taking far more time to complete. Cleaning your roof in the winter is generally more expensive due to this reason.
- Lastly, living in Vancouver and in your case Surrey, almost every single roof is affected by moss, algae, lichen and other forms of organic growth. It is important to treat your roof with a moss/algae treatment that will kill all organic growth on your roof. This, along with the annual roof clearing/ debris removing will significantly increase the life and longevity of your roof.
I hope you have found this information helpful. I will continue to answer the questions I get on a regular basis so that you, the homeowner can keep better informed on how to maintain your roof. At Enviro-Green Roof Restoration we are always happy to assist any customer with their roof maintenance needs including:
· Roof Moss Removal & Treatment
· Roof Cleaning & Washing
· Cedar Roof Restoration
· Cedar Roof Repair & Gutter Cleaning
Visit our website today at www.enviro-roofrestoration.com , phone us at (604) 505-9744 or CLICK HERE to fill out our free estimate form.
We serve Vancouver and the lower Mainland including West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Surrey, South Surrey, Richmond, Burnaby, Delta, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Tsawwassen, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, Ladner, White Rock, Langley, Coquitlam, Whistler, Squamish and Lions Bay.